Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dying Inside

A single tear, falls from my eye
my fist pounds, on the locked door
as my knees, hit the stone cold floor
the room feels like ice.

My heart, it shatters
my fists are now, bloody red
my skin it feels like ice.

My voice grows hoarse, my breath becomes ragged
I've been dying inside since you left.

~9-19-06~

((Just a little side note. This is one of the first poems I ever wrote my freshmen year. Yes, it is very rough and could use a lot of revision, but I keep it like this as a reminder of how much better i've become the longer I write.))

1 comment:

  1. its very good..paints the perfect picture.. makes one wonder whats going on...why the pain..till the end were it finishes painting the scene and makes the entire painting make sence

    ReplyDelete