Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sleep

Sleep precious sleep
I watch you from the deep
caress you while you sleep
and burn you in your dreams

Comfortably curl, up in your bed
safe below your covers and let the sugarplum dreams begin
I twist your dreams to a dark reality
and wake you a million times while you sleep

I cut your back and bruise your arms,
if you think you can stop me go ahead and try
I will come back stronger and madder
and strike back with a vengance.

You are not safe, do not let yourself be fooled by false comforts
I lie in the shadows and feed on your misery
so dream precious dream, and let your dreams turn to dark reality
wake and scream and plead as you wish, you cannot escape, I cloud your mind with mist

The mist lifts as you wake, frightened and lonly
in your despair I draw a breath, feeding and draining you at once.
This is how my clan survives, and you will never be able to hide
Perhaps if you resolved all your greif you wouldn't be visited by a hellish nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment